Have you been considering moving from LA to SF lately? Well, trading the sunshine and beautiful sceneries of Southern California for the Golden Gate City located in the Northern region might just be the best choice for you if you are looking to settle down in a city with a thriving economy. After all, San Francisco is a beautiful city to call home.
The first step of this big relocation is definitely picking the right team of movers and estimating the cost of moving. At SOS Moving, our dream team champions in creating a convenient moving experience to handle your short and long distance moves.
If you are on a budget and not sure of the cost you would have to pay to the movers, this blog will serve as a great guide for you.
Benefits of Moving from Los Angeles to San Francisco
Moving to the Bay Area definitely comes with a number of benefits – from an influx of job opportunities to the availability of a remarkable transportation system, there is so much for you in this move!
Availability of Job Opportunities
Moving from LA to SF will help you in finding a better job because San Francisco is the home to a number of tech giants. The city has been named as America’s Tech Capital due to the presence of companies like Apple, Netflix, HP, Google, and the like.
If you’re looking to excel in your professional journey by working for a big corporation, then moving from Los Angeles to San Francisco may prove to be just the kickstart you need.
Excellent Public Transportation System
If you’re someone who is tired of the mostly clogged roadways of LA then moving to SF will definitely be a choice that you won’t ever regret.
We’re saying this because SF has one of the best public transportation systems in the states. Although traffic congestions may frequently occur in the city, the presence of excellent services such as BART, MUNI, Caltrain, cabs, and buses still allows residents to avoid rush hour traffic.
San Francisco enjoys a central location closer to some beautiful lookout points, which makes up for the increased cost of living in SF. You can visit so many scenic places such as the Yosemite National Park, Muir Woods, Tahoe, and even LA.
Well, do you know what is the distance between Los Angeles and San Francisco? Just a 6-hour drive, more or less. It means you can always quickly drive back to the city you once called home and experience it as a tourist now!
A Diverse City
Moving from LA to SF will open a world of diverse experiences for you because SF is the home to multiple ethnicities. The city has a diverse ethnic composition including multiple races. It also means that you get to experience a realm of cultures and cuisines if you choose to move here.
What Factors Will Affect Your Moving Cost?
Now that you’ve finalized the decision to move to San Francisco from Los Angeles, you must consider the cost of professional movers Los Angeles to San Francisco the factors that affect your final bill. Make sure to read along and make your estimate for the cost of local move in Los Angeles!
- Distance – it’s needless to say that distance is the primary factor affecting the moving cost. Moving from Los Angeles to San Francisco is relatively on the cheaper side than moving cross-country.
- Number of Bedrooms – the flat rate price for a long-distance move to SF is about $5,000 for a 2 or 3 bedroom home. On an average, moving from LA to SF will cost you above $2,200. The price also varies depending on the number of items to be moved.
- Packing & Unpacking – if you’re relying entirely upon the movers to pack and unpack your belongings, then the moving process will definitely cost you more. Our advice would be to make sure you move only the most important things because the less stuff you move, the less amount you pay!
- White-Glove Services – if you’re considering the moving company to take your unique valuable possessions, then you’d have to pay for white-glove moving services which will definitely add subsequently to the moving cost.
- Move date – planning to move between April and September will cost you more because these are considered as peak moving months in the US. Not only this, but the moving cost also hikes up around the start and end of the month as well as on weekends. Make sure to pick a moving date that does not fall around the above mentioned times to save some dollars.
- Insurance – if you wish to get additional insurance for your valuables on top of the valuation coverage that your moving company of choice must provide, prepare yourself to pay an extra cost to a third party insurance company.
We hope that this blog was able to give you a clear view of what lies ahead if you plan on moving from LA to SF. With SOS Moving & Storage, the entire moving journey becomes easier for you as we have been managing these moves for many years. Hire our professional movers today and move without any stress. Contact us for a free quote!